Database Import Feature added

This is where questions and answers can be posted related to the Quick Pole software product. Things like, how can I do this. I got this message - what does it mean? Can someone help me do this...?
Sonideft
Site Admin

Database Import Feature added

Unread postby Sonideft » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Quick pole can now import projects from a user's custom database. This is in addition to the ability to import structure location data via KML and KMZ files. This is also in addition to the current ability to build a complete Quick Pole project file with all possible attributes in an XML file. These current abilities are described under 'Import' and 'System Interfaces' in Quick Pole's User Manual.

The reason this feature is interesting to some is due to the way they are implementing Quick Pole as part of their company's processes. Starting with capturing data in the field and including project management data, a Quick Pole project can be built quickly from data in databases that are unknown to Quick Pole. This feature will bring you step by step through a process of mapping data in your database to data that is important to Quick Pole. You database can be located anywhere with Internet connectivity plus Quick Pole will remember the specifics of how to connect to this database the next time.

Return to “Quick Pole Support”